How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35211
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

, im a single mother and recently divorced and a judge

This answer was rated:

Hello, im a single mother and recently divorced and a judge awarded me the house and said that my ex husband, who lives in Poland, had 21 days to sign over all interest in the property but he failed to do this. The Judge did say that if he failed to sign then I could apply to the court for the Judge to sign it over without my ex husbands signature.
However I have completed form N208 (CPR Part 8) but the clerk at the court keeps saying that I need to include a "paragraph"?? because the issue is my ex is in Poland and was there when the decision was made.
My question to you is what is the "paragraph" that they talk about?
Thank you in advance, Milena Guzowska
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
For clarity which court made the original Order?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Crewe Family Court. Case Number *****

May I ask why you are using form N208?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Because the court said it was the correct form, just the paragraph was missing??

In fact the form you need is a D11 available here
You are asking for an Order
"That the District Judge signs the TR1 in place of the Respondent"
You will nee to submit the TR1 at the same time
I hope that this is of assistance
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for this, where do I find the TR1??

Do you have a mortgage on the property and has the mortgage company agreed to release your ex from the mortgage?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No the mortgage company cant do this until the Judge signs whatever form I need to submit to him.

When I won the case he told me if my ex doesnt sign over his rights to the property then I could go back to the court and they will sign it for me without him.

You will need to have a TR1 prepared
The form is here
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you