How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71136
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I ended a relationship in June 2014. I have been harassed

This answer was rated:

I ended a relationship in June 2014. I have been harassed with texts from this person since. Additionally, I have received cards etc and a xmas present was placed outside my home. I contacted him once in November to tell him to stop (via text) I changed my mobile number a few weeks ago and I have witnessed him driving past my home several times since then. This man has an arms licence which concerns my family and friends. I feel ridiculous reporting this to the police (I am 54 years of age) can a legal letter be sent to him?
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Was the present definitely from him? Was it signed by him?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I was at home when he delivered it and I watched him through the window. Unfortunately, I did not keep this, nor the cards. I do have the texts.

Do you have an address for him? Don't give it to me but do you have it?>
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Thank you.
This is harassment. I entirely understand your reluctance to call the police to what is ultimately a relationship issue and, if I may say so, the world will be much improved if more people followed your example rather than using the police as a limb of the welfare state.
However, you should understand that this is harassment.
You can get a solicitor to send him a letter before action. That is cheap enough to do and often very effective. You can also use a barrister and a public access which is even more economical usually.
If that does fail then you could seek an injunction before the civil courts and you would succeed on these facts.
Can I clarify anything are you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you