How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Claire - 9 years ago we had permission to convert an out

Customer Question

Hi Claire - 9 years ago we had permission to convert an out building for elderly parents to live in. We were told that we didn't need planning permission just building regs - so long as we didn't put a kitchen in the building. Shortly after my parents move in they installed a small kitchen without the permissions necessary. Both my parents have recently died. We are considering letting the building out but need clarification on retrospective planning permission for a kitchen - 4 year retrospective panning or 10 year retrospective planning. Would be great if you could tell us which way to go. Thank you, Jacky

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law