How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71153
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am owed a sum of money i have done for

This answer was rated:

I am owed a sum of money for work i have done for a builder we sent a quote out and it was excepted we done the first 2 jobs on the quote and they paid with no fuss
the last part we finished sent the invoice in same price as the quote now he is saying
he wants me to revise the quote because he thinks it is to exspencive the price was just over £5,500 he reacons the job is only worth £3,500 we do owe prices by the Square metre
so the price per mtr will be the same as the other work we done
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what can i do about getting the full amount

Just send them one letter giving them 14 days to pay. Make clear that if they do not pay you will sue and claim costs and interests.
If they do not then issue here
It is very unlikely you would have to go to court if you issue. Suddenly you will become their priority.
Do not get involved in an argument with them. Just follow that process.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if they offer to pay the £3,500 should i take it then serve them with a letter or serve a letter for the full amount

You could do that.
If they agree to pay that would make sense. But only give them a short period of time because you need certainty.
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you