How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have file the Form 181 to the court and the C soli..I have

This answer was rated:

I have file the Form 181 to the court and the C soli..I have also tick the box of future application to strike out the claims.When should I make the application to strike out the case?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

If you are going to make an application to strike out it must be on Form N244

Alex Watts :

Also you need to be sure they have absolutely no grounds whatsoever.

Alex Watts :

If there is some merit, no matter how small there will be a hearing

Alex Watts :

This is only for disposal of hopeless cases

Alex Watts :

But its form n244 you need and you will need to pay a fee of £155

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


basically the claimant and myself the defendant doesnt have any written agreement available or ever formed over the claims.The Claiamant is relying heavily on the oral agreement of his version of events and the deposit of the money to my account..Does it create the ground for defence and striking out the claims?

Alex Watts : Sadly no.
Alex Watts : If there was an oral agreement that will have to be tested in court.
Alex Watts : does that helps.

that ok..but my ground for striking out is the Particulars Of Claim which I found no more than a bunch of lies and without any if the proceeding will go ahead then this can lead to additional cost burdon on both sides and waste of court proceeding..and I am in a no position whatsoever to efford or repay the cost and the claims which is mounting up to £75000 by now!!

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you