How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

my wife was put in a care home on a safeguarding issue which

Customer Question

my wife was put in a care home on a safeguarding issue which was later dropped but was told by the social worker she can not return home because she would be at signicent risk of harm from her husband but this was just a cover up
my wife had been having her care at home with two carers going in four times a day each visit lasting one hour with the costs involved
when my wife was put in the care home the n h s said she would be fully funded
thats the reason the council did not want my wife to return home
I would like to know if could take this social worker to court for this allegation what is the likely cost and could ii get legal aid if my money ran out
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Does your wife still have Mental Capacity?
Does anyone hold Power of Attorney for her?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my wife passed away on Dec 20th 2013 in the nursing home.

My e-mail address is *****@******.***

Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry for your loss.
What evidence do you have that this was said?