How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

Can I take out a county court action on a company that installed

This answer was rated:

Can I take out a county court action on a company that installed a security system back in 2011, that haven't worked properly since being installed . Have already sent registered letter and informed Trading Standards but have not heard anything from them. Thi company has already been on TV . I paid £2900 for the system which included 5years inspection
Alice H : My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
Alice H : You have 6 years to sue for breach of contract under the Limitations Act 1980.
Alice H : So if the company has not kept their side of the agreement you can sue for breach of contract and also rely on thr Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 and the Sale of Goods Act 1979.
Alice H and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
I would be happy to review the circumstances and hive more detailed information if needed.