How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12073
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My Question: Our next door neighbour has started a childminding

This answer was rated:

My Question: Our next door neighbour has started a childminding business with 1 registered childminder and 2 assistants.
This has resulted in a marked deterioration in our quality of life.
The deeds of our houses state that the properties can only be used for residential purposes and not business.
Are we within our rights to ask them to stop, and if necessary, take legal action of some sort.
Secondly, if they are acting unlawfully, will this invalidate any public liability insurance cover for the children.
Thank you in advance,
***** *****
Thank you for your question.
I can't answer your question as regards ***** ***** without seeing the policy. However, the title deeds make a prohibition on running a business therefore you can apply to the court to stop them doing so. In the first instance a cease and desist letter should be sent to them by your lawyer. After that you can take further action if they don't stop.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you