How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

W We will need to file an amended statement of

This answer was rated:

We will need to file an amended statement of case or an amended particulars of claim. What is the difference between the two?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other
i did not ask this q before
Hi thanks for requesting me.
Amended particulars of claim is the initial claim
Amended statement of case can be claim or defende.
Does that heko?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the initial claim was via MCOL so quite abbreviated

Will I now need to do amended POC or amended SOC?

you need to amend your claim.
You will need oermissin from the court and also will be liable to pay the costs of D's amended defence.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

D is asking for it in its defence...

To amend his case or yours?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ours - in pt 1 of the Defence they ask if the court can ask for amended particulars of claim because the MCOL claim does not leave much space for particulars

Ok - then if you want to amend then you would be liable for the cost of doing that.
But to amend you need to make a formal application.
Does that help?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you