How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kasare Your Own Question
Kasare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1301
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Kasare is online now
This answer was rated:

My father has recently died intestate, However my sister resides

in Germany and is the... Show More
in Germany and is the appointee. Does the appointee inherit all bank savings & shares , as his 2nd daughter am I excluded.
Show Less
Ask Your Own Law Question
Hi, can you please clarify, did your father live and die in England? Is his estate in England?
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Yes a British National ex-army WW2. Pensioner.

Hi Frances
Thanks for confirming that. Just because your sister was an appointee that does not mean that you are excluded and she inherits everything.
As your father died intestate, and I presume from your message your mother/his wife has not survived him, then his estate will be shared equally between his children.
If any of your siblings/his children have pre-deceased your father and they had children, they would share your siblings share of the estate.
If you are in the UK and your sister is in Germany, it may well be better for you to deal with the estate. You need to obtain a grant of representation to be the administrator of the estate.
There is a lot of guidance online as to how to apply.
I hope this answers your questions. Is there anything else I can help you with?