How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71130
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

/Madam My boyfriend was falsely accused of

This answer was rated:

Dear Sir/Madam
My boyfriend was falsely accused of sexual assault to his neighbor, a man.
Unfortunately his free solicitor was not good and judge found him guilty.
How long does he has to appeal? This was back 9 months ago. It's been a delay with sentence.
What are solicitors or barristers fees?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Best regards
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
He had 28 days from the date of sentence to appeal.
You an appeal late but there needs to be a very good reason for delay. Fresh evidence is one such good reason but you need to explain why it wasn't available at the time.
If you mean that this was a conviction from the Magistrates Court then there is an automatic right of appeal within 21 days of sentence to the Crown Court. You an appeal out of time but you need a really good reason.
If this is a conviction of the Crown Court then you have to appeal within 28 days and you need grounds.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you