How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I own a private property adjacent to one owned by a housing association (affordable hom

Customer Question

Hi I own a private property adjacent to one owned by a housing association (affordable home). The house association home has an open plan garden which is not kept in very good order and has lots of things left untidily on it etc. The bot***** *****ne - it is an eyesore. I have approached the housing association to request a fence to be erected between the property. However they have declined saying they cannot justify the cost of fence as they think the state of the garden is acceptable. Obviously to me it is not acceptable. Although I am not looking to sell my property it would put people off buying the property. I need some advice as to where to go from here. I cannot erect a fence inside my boundary as it is a tarmac driveway.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

For now please let me know if they will let you erect a fence on their side but you pay for it please?

JACUSTOMER-rq20111h- :

I expected a better answer than that.

Alex Watts :

That was not an answer.

Alex Watts :

I asked if you had asked if you could put a fence up on their side.

Alex Watts :

Are you able to respond so that I can give you advice?