How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I hold a personal licence and done the refresher coarse got

This answer was rated:

I hold a personal licence and done the refresher coarse got certificate and sent it to the licence board who now say that they never received it and now my licence has been revoked
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
how can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** *****
What do you mean by personal licence?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A personal pub licence

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
It has been revoked by the Council?
Can't you resend the certificate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No they saidi that itts to late . If I don't have the license then I don't have a job

You need to write and ask them to reconsider and make a formal written complaint and the Chief Officers Office.
That Office will investigate the matter for you. If that is not successful then you can also try complaining to your local Councillor. After all they are elected by you and should be there to assist you.
If that does not work then you can complain to the Local Government Ombudsman. They are independent of the Council and offer a free service and can examine your complaint at:
Finally if that does not work you can consider High Court proceedings or Judicial Review. This is where a Judge looks at the decision of the Council to see if the Council have acted reasonably and whether their decision is one which is reasonable. A Judge can either agree with the decision or remit it back to the Council for further consideration.
This should resolve your issue.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you