How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71041
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Good Evening please may i ask your advice My son aged 19

Customer Question

Good Evening please may i ask your advice
My son aged 19 appeared at magistrates court with 3 other males all charged with affray .My son wants to plead guilty with one other of these males ....The other 2 males want to plead not guilty there is cctv evidence no other people are involved or injured We thought it would nbe dealt with by a magistrates court .It has been sent for crown court .My son has no crimnal record the other 3 males do .At the moment we are all petrified he could go to prison what is the worse that can happen please
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
I wouldn't focus on the worst that could happen.
A proper affray would never have been sentenced by the Magistrates. It was always going to the Crown Court. Generally speaking people are much better off in the Crown Court anyway before a proper Judge.
Of course, he was represented ? He didn't appear unrepresented ? Or have an interview at the police station alone?
Can I clarify anything for you?