How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35056
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am looking to help a friend. Bulgarian woman deliverd a baby

This answer was rated:

I am looking to help a friend. Bulgarian woman deliverd a baby in Spain an year a go. the father of that baby is a bulkgarian man who lives in uk with his mother in her property.
he was invited in spain to be regestred as a father, but he refuse.
Since then when the mother ask him for help he start screaming, insulting her on a phone, refising to take a responsibility.He is off work, becaouse of a depression and alcohol addiction. Is there any legal way for her to ask him for help with the child?
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
Your friend has two choices.
She can apply for child maintenance in Spain and then arrange for it to be enforced here in the UK.
Or she can make to an application to the Court here in the Uk for Child Maintenance
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you