How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

I did a Community Service order about 20 years ago. Is there

This answer was rated:

I did a Community Service order about 20 years ago.
Is there an automatic Pardon for such things so long as there is no further offending?
Alice H : My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
Alice H : What are you trying to achieve? The conviction is now "spent" anyway and not disclosable.

Does Spent and not disclosable mean that the record of the offence has been removed from the records?

Alice H : No, a criminal conviction stays with a person indefinitely but after a period of time you don't have to tell anyone about it and nobody can hold the conviction against you. A pardon is extremely rare and generally relates to cases involving very exceptional circumstances.
Alice H and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you