Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm

I did a Community Service order about 20 years ago. Is there

I did a Community Service order about 20 years ago.
Is there an automatic Pardon for such things so long as there is no further offending?
Alice H : My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
Alice H : What are you trying to achieve? The conviction is now "spent" anyway and not disclosable.

Does Spent and not disclosable mean that the record of the offence has been removed from the records?

Alice H : No, a criminal conviction stays with a person indefinitely but after a period of time you don't have to tell anyone about it and nobody can hold the conviction against you. A pardon is extremely rare and generally relates to cases involving very exceptional circumstances.