How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

NSH negligence my great uncle had no children of his own. He

This answer was rated:

NSH negligence my great uncle had no children of his own. He was 85 when he passed away. The last 6 months of his life were spent in agony and eventually he couldn't eat or drink. The hospital x rayed his throat and found no cancer but although he was complaining of pains in his arm they didn't x Ray the area. By the time they found the cancer in that area there was no treatment that could help leaving a desperately sad widow and incredibly hurt family. Do we have a case?
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

When was this please?


He passed away last Thursday the x ray was last year

Alex Watts :

It would have to be the estate that brought the case.

Alex Watts :

You need to write and set out your losses and request compesnation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

Alex Watts :

If they do not then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

Alex Watts :

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you