How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

There, I have been experiencing an issue with Scottish

This answer was rated:

Hi There,
I have been experiencing an issue with Scottish Power fro the last three years and how someone could shed some light on the situation.
We moved into our current flat on 01/04/2012, since then Scottish Power has been sending me reminder letter and also threatening to take me to court for a debt I do not have.
We contacted Scottish Power several times over the years, they always promise a solution and three months later we receive a new letter asking for payment.
The property has been supplier by British Gas since 2011 and in 2013 we moved to EDF.
I have confirmed with British Gas that our MPAN (unique identification number held at National Grid) was always supplied by them and during the whole period we lived at the property Scottish Power has never supplied us.
Can I sue Scottish Power for compensation, as I fell bullied and they never sorted our this issue.
Also can I look for compensation after taking the company to the Ombudsman?
Thank you so much
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : For now please let me know whether you have formally written to head office and complained?
Alex Watts : i assume thet they have never supplied you

Hi Alex,


I have only called Custmer services many time, I have now requested a transcript of all my calls

Alex Watts : Ok. You need to write and raise a formal complaint.
Alex Watts : Write to, Customer Service Director, ScottishPower, Cathcart Business Park, Spean Street, Glasgow, G44 4BE
Alex Watts : They will acknowledge the written complaint and respond.
Alex Watts : If that does not resolve the matter then you can complain to the ombusman. They offer a free, independent service at
Alex Watts : That should resolve the matter.
Alex Watts : in order to take them to court you would need to have suffered a loss such as depression. For that you would need to have been to the doctor and been diagnosed. You would also need to show this was directly caused by this.
Alex Watts : but follow the above procedure that should resolve the complaint
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Thank you for your help.

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you