How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kasare Your Own Question
Kasare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1301
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Kasare is online now

UK Student Visa

Customer Question

I am trying to organise a UK student visa (with an ability to do some work) for a friend. What kind of visa should I be looking at and what are the requirements?

He is 24 years old, ukrainian citizen (his father was an iranian national). He currently holds shengen visa and is traveling Europe.

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Kasare replied 2 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question, I will assist you with this.
You should be looking at a Tier 4 student visa. This allows the person to work part time during the term (up to 20 hours) and during vacations.
To be eligible for this visa your friend must have an unconditional offer of a place on a course with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor and enough money to support himself and pay for the course. He also needs to be able to speak, read and write English.
This is the link to the Government website that provides all the necessary information -
If you have any further questions, please ask.