How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

i have been denied access to my children past 9 weeks

This answer was rated:

i have been denied access to my children for the past 9 weeks and now found out my childrens mother has moved them all from stockport to liverpool without telling me where do i stand on this
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** *****
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and why did your ex stop contact?
Are there any court orders in place?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The children are 7 and 2 year old twins no court orders and she just stopped bringing them to me when she started seeing her new partner the moved away to Liverpool with him

When was the move and are you named on the birth certificates
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No idea when the move happened and yes I am on the birth certificateS

That is great.
Just to check - do you actually know where she is - or just that she is in Liverpool?
Does she have any other family there?
What contact were you having before it stopped?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No family in Liverpool and all I know is she has moved there

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I used to have all 3 boys from 1200 - 1800 hrs every Saturday and Sunday there's no other family in Liverpool and no court orders on me she just upped and left and will not reply to anyone on phone or text that has a connection with me . Hopefully this is enough info for you to give a final answer

For clarity - she has only known this man a couple of months but has moved to Liverpool to be with him?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes plz just tell me where I stand I'd say she has known him around 3 months

The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary.
In your case there are serious concerns - and you may wish to consider asking the police to do a "safe and well" check to ensure that the children are indeed ok.
You could also contact their old school to ask if they have had a request from another school for their records which will give you an idea of where they are.
In addition you can make an immediate application to the court for a Specific Issue Order that the children are returned to their old school which the court decides if the move is in their best interests and for a Child arrangement Order setting out the time that they will spend with you (alternate weekends and half the holidays are likely if she remains in Liverpool)
This is done using a form C100 here
You will have to ask the court for an Order that either the DWP or the Police release her address TO THE COURT for service
for that you will need the form C2 available here
I hope that this is of assistance- pleaae ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you