How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

, i rent a property and i moved some of my stuff but because

Customer Question

Hi, i rent a property and i moved some of my stuff but because my husband left me suddenly i stopped of moving and stayed where i am. I want to cancel my contract but the agency do not permitted me unless i made a letter agreeing to keep my monies to them. To their satisfaction i've done it and they cancelled my contract. Do i still have the right to chase my monies? i confirmed they are not registered in the ombudsman and my deposit was not registered in the tenancy protection scheme. I stocked my stuff only in the house for 18 days at the time they cancelled my contract. Please i need your advise. Thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
What type of contract is this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it is rental contract agreement

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Is it an assured shorthold tenancy agreement?