How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12180
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Its very complicated however, I invested some money from a

This answer was rated:

Its very complicated however, I invested some money from a trust into premium bonds in my name. I though the winnings were 800 pounds and the beneficiaries have asked for proof i have heard from NS and I and the winnings were about 2000 pounds I am willing to pay this back immediately but I know that the couple have said they want to see me in court and 'destroy my reputation' as they put it. If I give them the letter they then have evidence even if I pay back the money. Should I hang on to the letter and just back the money ?
Thank you for your question.
If you are acting in trust the beneficiaries are entitled to an accounting from you and that would involve proving the amount of the winnings. I don't see how you can avoid giving them the letter if you intend to prove the amount of the winnings to them.
You will just have to say that the winnings were more than you first thought.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you