How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12183
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My daughter left school in 2007 and started full time work,

This answer was rated:

My daughter left school in 2007 and started full time work, I informed the CSA and put the case into dispute as to how much outstanding arrears where still to pay, I also requested a copy of my accounts from them. I never heard from them from around the end of 2007 until a week ago March 2015. they now say I owe 5000 in arrears for the period 2007 to 2009 my daughter was in full time work and not even living with the mother during this time. she had got a flat with her boyfriend. can they demand this money.

Thank you for your question.
If your daughter was working, and not living with the mother you are not due to pay CSA for this period. I wonder if the mother continued to claim child benefit as this is generally the marker that CSA is still payable.
You have to write to them again in formal terms, preferably via your solicitor to stop any enforcement procedures. If that doesn't work go to your MP.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thankyou for your response i will try and deal with this matter , taking your advice into account .