How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12088
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have trees and shrubs overgrowing my property by up to a

Customer Question

I have trees and shrubs overgrowing my property by up to a meter from the boundry what can I do.
Mr henderson
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a Scots solicitor and will help you with this.
You are entitled to cut the trees and shrubs back to the boundary.
Alternatively if the height of the growth exceeds two metres you can ask your neighbour to lower the height of affects the light to your property. If the neighbour refuses or ignores you, you can go to the council which has the power to order the neighbour to carry out the work.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.