How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

I have been charged by the police historical rape allegation.

This answer was rated:

I have been charged by the police for a historical rape allegation. I was not even in the UK, let alone be next to so called alleged victim. Police never searched for the truth, and I have solid evidence from foreign office when I actually came to UK. Despite this fact I have been charged with historical rape just on her word. What sort of justice this is and how can I trust British justice like this. I do not also understand how this matter could go to trial in the crown court relying on what evidence.
My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
Do you have a specific question about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what more information do you need. I have absolute proof in my hand from foreign office that I was not even in the UK. Police alleged and charge me for historical rape between September 1967 to September 1968. I came to UK 12th June 1968 with my mum residing at Camberwell Green south London, Supposed vic***** *****ved at Northamburland Park north London . My 84 year old uncle gave evidence I lived with him for 14 months and never ever visited so called victim in all this time. So called victim is my other step uncle's daughter, my niece.

Why is she lying about this?
What I mean is why has she decided to make this specific allegation against you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have no clue why supposedly after 45 years when she was 5 years old?

But whatever she claims, does it not matter that I was not physically in the UK. This is a fact I can prove over and over again

Yes it does matter.
In which case you and your solicitors should make an application to dismiss the charge on the basis that there is no case to answer.
If the application has been made and failed then by law the case has to go to trial.
The prosecution have to prove this case beyond a reasonable doubt and I can already see problems with their case mainly her age, memory and your alibi.
Alice H and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thanks, ***** ***** assists you further with this matter?