How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 21
Experience:  Moderator
Type Your Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

I have been married 3.5 yrs (second) and with my husband 8 years, I be

Customer Question

I have been married 3.5 yrs (second) and with my husband 8 years, I believe he has been unfaithful, with several women, from the beginning . Heis a very wealthy man, who sold his business for several million last year . Ii never had any proof of his infidelity until a couple of years ago when I found pics, texts on his phone, I am embarrassed to think this has happened to me and fearful for my financial security as he insisted I give up my well paid, and final salary pension so I could take care of him and we could travel whenever he wanted. I am 60 he is 66, I suppose I put up with it because we really did get on very well and had some lovely times together, this last year however, he has said some very upsetting things to me and I wonder if my "time"is up, he has been married 3 times and has had 2 other relationships lasting 3-5 years, so I supposed am 'wife' no 5. I was married once before for 28 years.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Alice H : My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
Alice H : Do you have a question about this?
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I am a a family law specialist
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What is your current financial position in terms of your own income and assets?
Where were you living prior to moving in with your husband?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I own my own home where my daughter lives, my only income is a private pension of just under 5k. My husband is very generous towards me, he pays all bills, but when past relationships ended that generosity ended and his partners received very little, so he informs me. I just wanted to know if I would be entitled to any settlement from him to make up for the loss of my income (which was 36k ) until I reach retirement age and also loss of pension (I was in a final salary pension scheme and have lost approx 7 k per annum, index linked) that is what I feel would be a fair amount.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No don't worry about it. as I have had no answer to my question please refund the £38 I have paid and ensure there are no further charges to my account.