How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Application harassment injunction. I am due to at

This answer was rated:

Application for anti harassment injunction. I am due to at ten a hearing as a Claimant(in person) . Claim against a neighbour who has been harassing my family. unwanted visits taking pictures,verbal abuse, intimidation, we have complained to the police twice. Will I be required to give a cross undertaking?-what does it involve . All I am asking for is for the defendants to refrain from approaching us filming us and shouting at us-ie leave us alone.
Alex Watts : Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Alex Watts : Is this a first hearing? Are you bringing the claim or a landlord?
Customer :

first hearing claim against neighbour

Customer :

repeated visits to my front door shouting , taking picture of me and my family on our own land, intimidating and threatening behaviour over a period of months, police has been informed on 4 separate occasions and has spoken to them. we are home owners

Alex Watts : In that case if you want an interim injunction yes you will need to give a cross undertaking in damages
Alex Watts : This is because if the injunction was wrongly granted and they suffer a loss they need to be compensated
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer :

what do giving cross undertaking in damages mean? I only want them to not to approach me in my own house or my own grounds, not to . , shout or threaten me or take my pictures and have a list of police complaints and video recordings to show to the judge-if he/she has the time. it is a 30minute hearing, what if the defendants don't turn up . can they request another hearing at a later date

Alex Watts : If you get an interim injunction and it turns out that it was wrong, you may have to pay them compensation
Alex Watts : that is what it means.
Customer :

ok thank you

Alex Watts : 30 min hearing is to see whether the matter is contested. If they do not turn up the judge can make the ordrt final and you don't habe to worry about cross undertaking on damages
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

excellent thank you again