How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10776
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I was contacted by an attorney in the UK saying that I have

This answer was rated:

I was contacted by an attorney in the UK saying that I have a claim from a possible relative withe the same last name in London. Money is being held in the Hillveiw I vestments Trust Company in the amount of £6.8million Brit Pnds.. Apparently the bank does exist. And I have 2 letters from them verging the funds and verifying my info I sent. I also have a copy of the "Deed of Lodge" and the "Certificate of Deposit" for the funds. There is an attorney in London that has given me the info and I do not trust him because he is asking for an incredible amount of the settlement funds to help close the case and issue me the money. I need an attorney that is willing to work on contingency in England as my agent to help me settle this account. It will be very financially benificial for both of us. I have not signed any agreements or papers with the other attorney whatsoever. I have several email communications with the bank that I can forward for your reveiw. They keep pressing me for a settlement of this account. My last communication with the bank was on Tuesday.

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

I have looked into Hillview Investments and it appears they have an invalid/fraudulent website. Please see this link-

Even before I found this, I was going to tell you that this is a scam- in the UK, if anyone inherits money, there are no fees to pay to the Bank and there is no legal document called a "Deed of Lodge" or "Certificate of Deposit".

I can only therefore say that you should not disclose any financial information to them and certainly don't send them any money, as you will never see it again (I note you don't intend sending them any money anyway).

I am sorry this is not the answer you were looking for, but hope this assists you.

Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you