How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34894
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My father has just passed away my mother is very elderly too

This answer was rated:

My father has just passed away my mother is very elderly too I'm the eldest son and dealing with all the arrangements my father did not leave a will and has some money in nationwide account 4000 odd and has some shares with shepherd neame worth 18000 pounds how do I go about getting these transfer erred to my mum ect as Iv been told I need probate or something like ?
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Is there a Property involved as well?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi hello no there is no property involved
Then it is possible that you will be able to deal with the Transfer of the various assets to your mother without having to obtain Letters of Administration ( Probate)
You can ask the Building Society to pay the Funeral Bill Direct - and then ask them for the form which allows Small Estates to be transferred
The Shares can also be dealt with using the Small Estates process
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You didn't explain how to deal with small claims where to start
You should go to the Nationwide with the Death certificate and they will assist you with the forms.
You can either download and use the form I gave you the link to for the shares, or write to the Registrar and ask them to send you a form
Clare and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you