How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Could age UK or the Alzheimer's society or an interested party

Customer Question

Could age UK or the Alzheimer's society or an interested party bring a case against the government for abusing the human rights of self funding residents in privately owned care homes where under the care act 2014 government has excluded the self funders in private care homes from protection under the law in the UK from the human rights act 1998?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
Alex Watts :

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Alex Watts :

Yes if people are being discriminated against on the grounds of age, sex, race, colour, religion etc then a case can be brought.

Alex Watts :

You can also bring a claim under the Human Rights Act, Article 6 right to a fair trial (fairness) or Article 8 which us Right to Family Life.

Alex Watts :

So yes someone could bring a case against the Government on those grounds

Alex Watts :

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Expert:  dianne-cssm replied 3 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at [email protected] and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. ( Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.