How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

, I am an immigrant, I have been given leave to remain

Customer Question

Hello, I am an immigrant, I have been given leave to remain for 2years and 6 months, on a 10 year route. This is because my 8 month old child is a British.
The issue is: that my condition is very tough with restrictions such as 'no public fund'. This has made life very hard for me and my work being 'zero hour contract' means that I cannot afford child minder.
Because of these difficulties and my unable to meet with leaving cost and accommodation here in UK, my mum who leaves in Cameroon, has offered to help me with baby sitting while I concentrate for now and work to raise money so that my life could get better before my child reaches school age.
Question: Is it in anyway against the Law, if I drop my child with my mum for the time being? my mum stays in my country, Cameroon.
I await an answer
Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you
I am afraid that if the child is the only reason that you can remain in the country then if your child leaves the country then there is no longer and reason for you to remain here
I am sorry I know this is not the news you were hoping for but I have to tell you the law as it stands I a afraid