How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My husband's 16 year old son emigrated to Australia in July

Customer Question

My husband's 16 year old son emigrated to Australia in July 14 with his mum and new husband. My husband signed for him to leave the country as he said he wanted to try it. He is home for a holiday and has told us he does not want to go back and wants to stay in the UK with us. Can you tell us what our rights are please. He is at school in Oz but says he wants to come home to England and take up his education here. Do we have to send him back. His mum say's he must go back and that she will not let him return to England until he has finished his schooling in Australia.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
When is he actually due to return - and when does he turn 17?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He has been back home for 3 weeks and has gone back to Australia tonight. He is very upset and wanted to stay here. He will be 17 years old in February 2016.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
When is he due back in the Uk for another holiday?