How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 50159
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I made a reservation of air ticket with a travel agency and

This answer was rated:

I made a reservation of air ticket with a travel agency and they failed to issue the ticket on time as result the price increased. I have waited for 6 weeks for a rung now they are refusing to give me my refund back instead they are asking to utilise the money. What do I have to do to get my money back
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Have you checked the booking terms to see if they had any guarantee to issue the ticket on time or if there was a clause which removed such liability?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I did they we're guaranteed to issue the ticket by 9.00am on Monday and I fully paid on a Saturday. I rang them Monday at 11.00am because they had not issued the ticket yet than they told me that the price had gone up
Can you still buy the ticket now and just ask them for the difference rather than getting the full amount back?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have already bought a ticket with a different company so I just need a refund
Whenever a dispute arises over money owed by one party to another, the debtor can be pursued through the civil courts for recovery of the debt. As legal action should always be seen as a last resort, there are certain actions that should be taken initially to try and resolve this matter informally and without having to involve the courts. It is recommended that the process follows these steps:
1. Reminder letter – if no reminders have been sent yet, one should be sent first to allow the debtor to voluntarily pay what is due.
2. Letter before action – if informal reminders have been sent but these have been ignored, the debtor must be sent a formal letter asking them to repay the debt, or at least make arrangements for its repayment, within a specified period of time. A reasonable period to demand a response by would be 10 days. They should be advised that if they fail to do contact you in order to resolve this matter, formal legal proceedings will be commenced to recover the debt. This letter serves as a ‘final warning’ and gives the other side the opportunity to resolve this matter without the need for legal action.
3. If they fail to pay or at least make contact to try and resolve this, formal legal proceedings can be initiated. A claim can be commenced online by going to Once the claim form is completed it will be sent to the debtor and they will have a limited time to defend it. If they are aware legal proceedings have commenced it could also prompt them to reconsider their position and perhaps force them to contact you to try and resolve this.
Whatever correspondence is sent, it is always advisable to keep copies and use recorded delivery so that there is proof of delivery and a paper trail. The court may need to refer to these if it gets that far.
I hope this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating, or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you