How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am having a dispute with eon re my electric bill, and they

This answer was rated:

I am having a dispute with eon re my electric bill, and they are just pushing me off,, they then applied to the court under the right of entry to cut my electricity, I went to court and the procedure is I must talk to the eon rep which I did and he understood my case and pulled away the warrant application,, but now they have repeated the samr thing again and I will be away on the date of the next court
what can I do
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is the nature of the dispute please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

they have billed me for electric £6000 while my house was non existent and they found my meter to be faulty and they searched google and confirmed my house was without a roof and non livable and they just keep on avoiding comng to a conclusion besides insisting I pay the bill,,

but my pressing problem is my original question

Do you have this in writing from them?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do I have what in writing from them,,

You have two options:
1) Pay for representation on the day. The Solicitor can represent you and present this document to the Court. It is then unlikely the Court will grant the Order.
2) You can send the document to the Court yourself. This is cheaper but of course you run the risk that if the Court has questions of you, as you are away you can not answer them and may grant the order.
Those are your two options, you may be better off getting representation.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what document are you referring to.

I guess you are not aware but we do not get a chance to go in to court,, we meet the rep as explained.

also explained that on the day of this court date I am away

The document which says they got it wrong. I am aware that you did not get a chance to go to Court and I am aware that you are away on the day.
That is why I have said your choices are:
1) Pay for representation on the day at Court and ask your Solicitor to oppose the application and present the letter
2) Send the letter to Court, with written objections and hope that the Court does not grant the warrant.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

which document,,,

why should I hire a solicitor if it does not go in to court

why would you suggest sending in a letter and risking getting cut off.

They admitted they made a mistake as you have indicated - that is correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

please take me to where you get "they admitted"

I asked if you had it in writing - you said yes.
Have they confirmed in writing it is an error?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry ,, where did I say yes to your question if I have it in writing

Well let us move on so that I can answer your question and tell you what you need to do.
Have they said in writing they have made an error?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a email from one of eons reps stating that they have checked google maps and can see the house without a roof and clearly no one could have been living there

If no-one could have been living there then clearly energy could not have been used?
You need to do the following things:
1) Write to E-On and make a formal complaint. This can be done by writing to:
Business Customer Service, E.ON Energy Solutions Ltd, PO Box 2010, NG1 9GQ
They will investigate the complaint, but there is no guarantee this will be done before the new Court date.
2) If that does not work then go to the Energy Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service and can examine your complaint at:
3) Get a Solicitor to attend Court for you and object to the hearing based on your email. Clearly there is a cost to this but it will make it so the Court wont grant the warrant.
But either way action needs to be taken before the matter goes to Court and if it is not objected to the Court will grant the warrant.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Can I help with anything else at all?
You have rated BAD SERVICE despite me giving you the legal answer.
What else is it you would like to know?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I rated it bad when you simply did not read or reply to my concerns.

now that you have finally come up with something I will change the rating

Thank you, ***** ***** be grateful if you could give a positive rating. I had misunderstood that you had a letter from Eon admitting fault.If you need further help with this or other matters please let me know and good luck with this.Do let me know how you get on
If not can I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen. If you need more help please click reply.
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.