How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

, I recently lost some money gambling online. I won £2,200

This answer was rated:

Hi, I recently lost some money gambling online. I won £2,200 on ***** ***** and after doing so I contacted them to put a block on the reverse withdrawal option as I was concerned that I might be tempted to reverse the withdrawal and lose all of the money. I was told by the advisor that it was not possible to do this and I just had to wait.
Unfortunately I did end up reversing the withdraw and losing my money. This also happened to me again with a sum of £3,900.
After losing the second amount I complained and they put a block on my account so that I can't reverse withdrawals. Had they done this when asked I would not have lost my money. I asked them to help me gamble responsibly and they lied to me and encouraged me to lose my money.
I can't believe that they can be allowed to do this and wanted to know if I would/should be entitled to a refund?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What country is the site governed by please? It should say in the terms and conditions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, it's Gibraltar.
Do their terms and conditions say that you can block a withdraw reversal?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not that I can see but they told me it wasn't possible and then did it at a later date.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Once you have Judgment you can apply to have it enforced in Gibraltar under the The Administration of Justice Act 1920
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have e-mailed them but they said that they will not refund the money as they didn't confirm a block to withdrawal. I know they didn't but they did lie about being able to do so. Do you believe it is likely that I will get the money refunded?
Its hard to say. It depends on the Judge. But as a small claim its worth a punt.
You also need to check the terms to see which country disputes should be resolved in. If it says Gibraltar then you may need to issue there.
Can I clarify anything else?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just one more thing, would I have to write to them by post or would e-mail suffice?
If they acknowledge the email that is fine. If they do not it should be post.
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.