How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6463
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

in Nov 2014 a window company installed windows into my house,

This answer was rated:

in Nov 2014 a window company installed windows into my house, under the agreement that they provide a certificate from the council that the windows were installed to uk building regs
to this day after many phone calls to them,they have not kept to thier promise and provided a certificate for the windows
where do i stand with this
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Why are they refusing to provide the certificate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

they say its the councils fault but the window people dont seem very proactive to sort it

If you contracted with them to supply windows in accordance with building regs then they are in breach of contract if they fail to supply the relevant certification.
You can contact trading standards and get a case reference number to use on future correspondence with them as this is likely to make them take you seriously.
You should write to them to ask them to provide the certificate within 14 days and state that if they do not you will have no alternative but to persue legal action as you have lost confidence that the work has been done according to building regs. You may then need to lodge a claim in the county court.
Hopefully this letter will lead them to putting matters right for you without the need to take it further. A solicitors letter might help you.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you i will try this

thank you

Neil Saunders

No problem Neil, please do remember to rate my answer and do come back to me in the future if you need to. All the best.
Jenny and other Law Specialists are ready to help you