How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I live with my partner and he has a little girl who is 3 years

Customer Question

I live with my partner and he has a little girl who is 3 years old.....we want her to come and stay overnight at our house but her mum is saying she wont allow it and she will call the police if we keep her overnight
he sees her tues night, thurs night, all day Saturday and sunday so therefore we would like her to stay with us on a Saturday night and just wondered what our legal status is?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Is there a Court Order dealing with the time the child spends with her father?
Is he named on her birth certificate?
What is the objection to overnight contact
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Clare,
There is no court order this arrangement has just been arranged between my partner and the mother
Yes his name is ***** ***** birth certificate
Her objection is that she doesn't want her daughter staying with me just because I am his new partner
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
How long have they been separated?
How long have you and your partner been together ?
Finally my profound apologies for asking but is there anything about you that woudl give her any real cause for concern (drink drugs violence etc)