How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Alex. When you have an accident at work and you put claim

Customer Question

Hi Alex. When you have an accident at work and you put claim for loss of income do you use the income of the year that you have the accident or the year or years before? the loss income that you claim is Net only by deducting tax or tax and N.I.? in order to claim psychological stress and depression been on depression tablets from your GP do you need psychiatrist testimony or the testimony of GP will do? if you have 2 operations cause by that accident as the first surgeon didn't fix all the damage the insurance has the right to refuse to pay future loss as it was the surgeon's fault even though full recovery never occur to now? as the first xrays showed a small degenerate damage even though never been a pain or problem before the accident can the insurance say we wont pay as it was a problem there? thank you so much Alex
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thanks for asking for me.
Is this a claim for personal injury?