How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have been self employed years. I supplied my UTR

Customer Question

I have been self employed for three years. I supplied my UTR N0 to my employer/contractor but never knew I should have had a CIS card/number. My contractor/ employer deducted 20% of my salary and not 30% for 3 years. My accountant when doing my tax return never informed me that I had no CIS N0 and neither did HMRC all this time. Who would be looked at as the guilty party and what would be the consequences? can someone please help. This is a question for a tax person I am assuming.

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law