How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I contracted a firm to do work in my kitchen including moving

This answer was rated:

I contracted a firm to do work in my kitchen including moving the existing gas boiler, the gas fitter they used was a third party contractor. The work done by the gas fitter has resulted in me having to have a new boiler fitted at a cost of £1700. I e-mailed the original contractor for compensation and they have refused, stating I have to contact the third party contractor that they hired to do the job. Is this correct please?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.No, they are not correct. You seek compensation from the party YOU instructed. Therefore you seek compensation from the firm NOT the sub contractor.Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Does that help?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you