How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have had a protracted dispute with a voluntary committee

This answer was rated:

I have had a protracted dispute with a voluntary committee on which I was a committee member about the unreasonable manner in which my personal data has been processed. This culminated in me making a Subject Access Request. I am concerned that the organisation will portray my efforts to correct my personal data as harassment of the committee and seek an injunction. Is this likely?

While my exchanges with the committee has been professional I have reiterated my intention of submitting a complaint about unreasonable processing of personal data in terms of the principles of the Act.(In relation to inaccuracies, inadequacy of records of meetings, and evidence of sharing of personal data with individuals outside the committee.)

Reading between the lines I suspect that the Committee is contemplating getting an injunction to stop me from perusing my attempt to correct the records (or add notes indicating my objection to it.) Is it likely that correspondence indicating concerns about apparent breaches under the Act could be construed as creating distress and result in an injunction? If so do I have a defence in the context of persuing a complaint as contemplated under the DPA and are there financial implications I should consider?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
You are entitled to ask that any incorrect information be rectified. They can't say it's harassment, it's your right.
But if it's correct then you can't demand it is changed.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My concern is that they appear to be portraying concerns which I have raised in relation to the processing as causing distress and I fear that they will seek an injunction before I have an opportunity to submit the complaint (firstly to the Committee before doing so to the ICO) . Would I have a valid defence under the Harassment legislation if I have informed them of my intention to submit a complaint as contemplated in the DPA.
(As a side question can I remove my question from the forum at a later stage?)

Yes you would have a defence.
Does that help? Once you rate I can remove the question.
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Happy to help.