How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10772
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now
This answer was rated:

Can a codicil be made to an enduring power of attorney if I

want to include my son... Show More
want to include my son and daughter as well as my husband.
Show Less
Ask Your Own Law Question

Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

For your information- A codicil is a document to make an alteration to an existing Will, as opposed to an Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA).

EPA's are no longer used, and have been replaced by Lasting Powers of Attorney. Any existing EPA is still valid so don't panic. However, it is not possible for you to make any amendment to an existing EPA.

If you do wish to change who your Attorneys are, you would have to destroy the EPA and get a Lasting Power of Attorney drawn up.

I hope this assists and sets out the legal position.

Kind Regards