How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Just want a rough idea before I go legal. I have a Ltd. wholesaler

This answer was rated:

Just want a rough idea before I go legal. I have a Ltd. wholesaler of electrical components. A Ltd. retailer I was hoping to sign-up mistakenly then got a shipment of my goods from my USA manufacturer, even though the retailer had decided for sure not to become my outlet he still proceeded to sell about 40% of the goods he shouldn’t have got in the first place, (I think at a profit) he also gave appx 3% away for samples to people he knows, the rest is still in stock. Roughly what am I entitled to in the way of full compensation in the law? If he refuses to return anything or compensate what should I do?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What would you have paid the goods please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it should have cost him about 2,000 pounds.

The supplier chargers about 1,000.

Ok. The cost is then is £2000
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund of the £2000 within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.