How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71050
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a legal case against the police (which has been confirmed

This answer was rated:

I have a legal case against the police (which has been confirmed by other solicitors) but I earn £126/month too much to get legal aid but I also don't have the £5000 as a retainer to pay for it privately. Are there any other option out there where I can pursue this throught the legal system?
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
You can either self represent or you can approach the free agencies. The latter does depend very much upon the goodwill of others but you can always get the cab to refer the case to the bar pro bono unit in the hope that somebody will be interested.
Failing that you woukd have to self represent. That might we'll be easier than you think. It depends on the nature of your case. Some are. If complicated.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you