How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My ex partner currently owes in excess of 12,000 csa. I received

Customer Question

My ex partner currently owes in excess of 12,000 csa. I received a letter last July claiming he didn't have to pay any weekly mainenance as he was no longer in employment. I know he is now working, and have informed the CSA by email today. The arrears are for our 3 children, no longer children. Where do I stand with regards ***** *****? I have 1 child in uni (20), 1 doing her A-levels and going to uni in september (18) , and a 22 year old. The CSA have done nothing really, and the case has gone clerical at least 4 times. I am dubious of phoning them as previous experince is I get nowhere fast.
My ex partner has a navy pension worth at least 100,000.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What do you know about your ex's current financial position?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not much to be honest. I know he is engaged, even though we are still legally married, and I know he lives with his partner and has done for around 5 years. He owns a fairly newish car. He has no dependants.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
Does he own his own home?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
You are entitled to make a formal complaint (in writing) about the conduct of the CSA.
The CSA has no excuse for not enforcing the Order - they have the power to revoke his driving licence if he has no assets.
You should follow the written process set out in this leaflet
and escalate it up as far as you need to do so
Do NOT deal with the CSA on the phone.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details