13262538

My ex-husband was a director and shareholder in a company and

My ex-husband was a director and shareholder in a company and at the final divorce proceedings the court ordered that I should receive 50% of the proceeds of the shares when he received cash for them. Recently I found out that he had received £20,000 cash for the shares; I have contacted him regarding the matter but true to form he has not replied. It looks as if I will have to take him to court, but I suspect he has already spent the cash. Would it be better if I tried to engage a barrister or a solicitor to try and recover the money?
A solicitor would be able to assist you with suing your husband for your share of the money.
However, nowadays it is also possible for you to contact a public access barrister directly who would be able to represent you in court
http://www.barcouncil.org.uk/instructing-a-barrister/public-access/
So, it is really your choice whether to engage a solicitor or a barrister, both should be able to assist you.
May I help further?
My name is ***** ***** I am a family law specialist.
When was the Order made and what assets does your ex have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The order was made two years ago by the court in Nottingham. I'm not sure about assets he might have but he has a well paid job in Jersey and I want him to pay the money as ordered. If he refuses to pay or says he has spent it which court would I have to go to and what would the offence be classed as. I just want him to pay me as ordered plus any costs incurred by me. He has a history of not complying with the court orders and in the past he has had debts to me written off by the courts; he causes a lot of confusion when appearing in court by presenting reams of irrelevant paperwork.

Thank you for that
What evidence do you have of the amount that he received for the shares?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The CEO of the company emailed a solicitor with the amount for my benefit.

Excellent news.
You can start the process of enforcement yourself by using the form here
http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/d050k-eng.pdf
Once a hearing date is set you can then decide if you feel able to deal with the matter yourself - or need a Barrister to represent you and tell the Court what you know about your ex's financial position.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.