How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12195
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I too have paid Seaforth windows a deposit of £4600 conservatory

This answer was rated:

I too have paid Seaforth windows a deposit of £4600 for a conservatory back in September, I last contacted them in December at their office in Terriff the premises looked like it was under construction and like your last client I am now unable to contact them, the freephone number does ring out but no reply. I too paid by bank transfer.
This happens all the time. How would you like me to answer your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Having done some investigating it would appear that the company have gone into administration. If that is the case how do I go about getting my deposit back.The director has started trading stating that he has wound up Seaforth Windows and is now doing buy at trade price service for windows and doors. We have a e-mail sent to a family member with this information.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there any thing I can do to recover my deposit

All you can do is contact the administrator and make a claim. If the administrator has recovered any funds you would rank as an ordinary creditor. I really don't think it's an optimistic hope though.
JGM and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you