How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

took car in and starter motor car is ajag estate

This answer was rated:

took car in for clutch and starter motor car is ajag estate not a new car but a good runner cost nearly £900 whe we had it back radio was on but no sound airbag light was still on took it back they had it again for about 4 days which I lost time from work phoned them as they said they would phone me but didnt only pnoned me once to pick car up as I said I needed car for work went up they said coudnd find faults but said mended window said it was a fuse got back home and fuse burnt out then foud out couldent lock car as cenbtral locking stopped working Idont think they know what they are doing but they streesed its nothing they have done.
Hello my name us Alex and I will help you with this.
What is it you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I want them to put car right it was ok before they had it it just needed a new clutch and starter motor which I paid them almost £900 never had a problem before but as soon as I got it back nothing worked right took it back again and they said they didnt know what was wrong with it something they have done when they took battery off they didnt put back on properly. window on drivers side wouldnt work so they said it was fuse they put one in the radio was on but no sound passenger air bag light was on so they disonected that, took it home again then the fuse for the window blew and set alight when I went to lock the car the central locking wouldnt work so even with a key couldnt lock the carI just want them to put the car right and while they are doing that provide me with a car to get to work as I have only had this job for a few weeks and I am worried Iwill loose my job. The times I have t go to work there isnt any transport so me having a car is essential.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.