How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34908
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

my son was recently divorced,no children involved, the U.K.

This answer was rated:

my son was recently divorced,no children involved, the U.K. court awarded a settlement against him. he has not paid his ex-wife any monies and is therefore in contempt off court,if in my will i leave him U.K. based assets,would his ex-wife be able to have said assets seized by the court in lieu of non payments.? i am a full U.K. citizen living in U.K.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much does he owe her?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry for not answering sooner , settlement in excess of 1 million pounds, i believe payments not up to date. tku m.g.

Then yes there is a very real risk that his ex will be able to make a claim against any Uk assets that are left to him
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you