How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

my nextdoor resident planted large conifer tree too close

Customer Question

my nextdoor resident planted large conifer tree too close to fence, which could affect my property in the future as these tree takes all water, how to convince my next door this issue?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
For now please let me know whether you have had a survey done?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi I am Uthayakumar lives with my mother 93, my daughter 9 and my wife at*****newmalden,surrey kt33at.

I have not done any thing about it not knowing if I have any right to do anything by law.

if I have to talk to them I need some evidence to proof my issue.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what step can I take first, what is my rights?

Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.
You need to have a survey done. it is only if the survey says it will damage the property can you do anything. If it says it wont damage the property, then you can not do anything.
If it will damage the property, it can be removed.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

who can do a survey for this kind of issue ?

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
A tree surgeon or buildings surveyor.
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.